People Moves 11/28: Wild New PD For WLHK; Hubbard Chicago Makes Cuts
Wild joined WKTI in 2017 from NRG Media’s Omaha cluster where he served as Operations Manager. He also has programmed for NextMedia in suburban Chicago, AOL/Slacker Radio, and in multiple Iowa markets during his career.
WLHK Indianapolis has hired former WKTI Milwaukee programmer Ryan Wild as the station’s new Program Director.
Emmis/Indianapolis Director of Programming David Wood said, “Ryan had everything we were looking for; creativity, passion, great communication skills and strategic vision. He has led his stations to success in some very competitive situations. I’m thrilled to have his leadership for our team”.
“To be given the opportunity to come to work for Emmis, and work with industry icons like Bob Richards and David Wood is truly an honor”, Wild said. “HANK-FM is a legendary station that is loaded with amazing talent, and I am looking forward to taking HANK to another level of success.”
Ryan assumes his new duties December 10.
Hubbard Radio made a number of layoffs at its Chicago cluster on Tuesday. Robert Feder reports that eleven staffers were dismissed including the live overnight hosts at AC 100.3 WSHE and Hot AC “101.9 The Mix” WTMX. WTMX overnighter Mike Roberts had been with the station for 35 years, while Brian Travis held that same position at WSHE. The company will continue to staff Gregg Easterling in overnights on Classic Rock “97.1 The Drive” WDRV while overseeing the other two stations in that daypart.
The other nine staffers let go were in programming, traffic and support according to Feder.
Hall Communications’ “Cat Country 98.1” WCTK New Bedford MA/Providence RI has promoted Maddie Grimaldi from nights to middays to replace the exiting Meredith Thompson. Grimaldi joined the station as a promotions assistant and also serves as Social Media Director for the station.
IMGR is seeking an Affiliate Relations Representative to promote their radio imaging service to stations across the United States.
The Affiliate Relations Representative will be responsible for promoting and placing the IMGR service into target markets within the United States.
The successful candidate will be expected to achieve results by means of cold calling, service demonstration, utilizing existing personal relationships and other techniques in order to identify and maximize sales opportunities.
Strong entrepreneurial skills, the willingness to go beyond the scope of a job description, and the ability to evolve over time are essential qualities of the position.
Although the sales methods used by the Affiliate Relations Representative will be varied, a large percentage of time will be spent developing and nurturing key relationships with industry decision makers.
The successful candidate will need to possess the skills required to reach and connect with the intended target each and every time. Travel required when necessary.
Additionally, the Affiliate Relations Representative will be expected to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the sales process, including, if required, the ability to overcome hurdles and/or objections encountered whilst attempting to sell the product.
- Cold call, prospect, and close new accounts
- Perform service demonstrations and create proposals
- Negotiate pricing and terms
- Manage all aspects of the sale from prospecting to client implementation
- Achieve and exceed monthly sales quotas as set out by management
- Adhere to sales guidelines as communicated
- Document all initial and ongoing customer contacts as required
- Develop new and creative ways to capitalize on marketing efforts
- Minimum of three years sales or radio industry experience
- Proven track record in closing deals frequently and efficiently
- Strong written and oral communication/presentation skills
- Hungry approach to closing sales and achieving goals
- Thrive working in a high-energy, fast-paced sales environment
- Ability to work on multiple prospects concurrently
- Expert understanding of Radio Imaging and the purpose/value it serves
- Confident in all radio formats, specifically CHR, Hot AC, Country, AC and Classic Hits
Sell your skill set as if you’re selling an IMGR service. Send a one page resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Affiliate Relations Representative”.