June 2019 (5/23 – 6/19) Nielsen Audio PPM Ratings Day 1: The Fish Drowns Rest Of Atlanta
Nielsen begins its monthly release of PPM ratings with today’s Day 1 update including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston/Galveston, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Long Island, Riverside/San Bernardino, San Jose, and Middlesex/Somerset/Union.
All the numbers can be found at RadioInsight.com/Ratings.
Among the numbers of note for the June monthly:
- Salem Media Christian AC “104.7 The Fish” WFSH-FM Atlanta jumps from a 7.9 to 8.8 share to give it a 2 and a half share point lead over the #2 station in the market. Cox Media Group News/Talk 750 WSB/95.5 WSBB held steady in second with a 6.3 share.
- EMF’s launch of “K-Love” 106.7 WAKL Atlanta came with a 0.5 share. That number includes the final week of its previous Conservative Talk format under Cumulus.
- The on-air lineup changes at Entercom Hot AC “Star 94.1” WSTR Smyrna/Atlanta paid early dividends as the station rose from a 2.9 to 3.4.
- The final week boost of the old format and the first three weeks of “K-Love” on 95.5 WPLJ New York led to a 3.1 to 1.5 share drop from May. The WPLJ audience appeared to then spread across the FM dial in New York as Classic Hits 101.1 WCBS-FM was up 5.4 to 5.8, Hot AC’s 103.5 WKTU and 102.7 WNEW both were up 0.3 with 3.4-3.7 and 3.0-3.3 rises respectively, and Alternative 92.3 WNYL and Country 94.7 WNSH both were up by 0.2. AC 106.7 WLTW held steady at #1 with a 6.8 share and CHR 100.3 WHTZ dropped by 0.1.
- Cumulus Media Alternative 104.5 KFOG San Francisco saw the impact of the sale and flip of simulcaster 97.7 KFFG San Jose to the station as it dropped from a 1.6 to 1.0 in San Francisco and 2.1 to 1.2 in San Jose. EMF’s KJLV debuted with a 0.3 and 0.6 in each market respectively.
- iHeartMedia Hot AC “102.9 Now” KDMX Dallas rose to fourth in the market with a 3.7 to 4.7 gain.
- Urban One R&B Oldies “Classix 107.9″ WPPZ Philadelphia is gaining momentum in the market as it shows a three month trend of 2.2-2.5-3.0.