Station Sales Week Of 10/24
Edward Walker’s Cityworks Community Broadcasting is selling AAA “101.5 The Music Place” WVMP Vinton/Roanoke, VA to William Amos’ Community Media Group for $175,000.
iHeartMedia acquires the CP for 93.3 W227CX Magnolia Park/West Palm Beach from Way Media for $100,000. W227CX will rebroadcast an HD subchannel of 92.1 WRLX West Palm Beach.
Shamrock Communications purchases the CP for 106.1 K291BX Las Vegas from Broadcast Towers for $15,000.
Jonah Creek Media is disbanding its operations in two transfers. 88.9 KXMP Blowout and 99.1 K256BX Luckenbach, TX will be transferred to the newly formed Sun Radio Foundation. 100.1 K261DW Austin will go to Township Media, LLC doing business as SunRadio.com. Both transfers are for no consideration. All three frequencies will continue to program the Americana “Sun Radio” programming based at 103.1 KDRP-LP Dripping Springs with K261DW’s being distributed by Emmis’ 107.1 KLZT-HD3 Bastrop.
Educational Media Foundation is selling three translators in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula to Great Lakes Radio for $1. 106.1 W921CJ Marquette, MI will rebroadcast 101.9 WKQS-FM Negaunee, 99.9 W260AG Ishpeming will rebroadcast 103.3 WFXD Marquette, and 98.7 W254AG Escanaba will rebroadcast 92.7 WRPP-FM Manistique.
St. Mary’s Hospital, Decatur acquires 96.5 W243DF Decatur, IL via donation from Covenant Network. The translator will rebroadcast St. Mary’s Hospital’s Catholic 88.9 WDCR Decatur.
Friends of St. Simons Radio transfers 97.1 W246CX St. Simons Island and 107.3 W297BN Brunswick, GA to Debra Sears Graham for $10.
Gerald Proctor is trading the CP of 96.9 K245BT Buna, TX to CCS Radio for 105.5 K288FY Livingston, TX.
Other sales this week included:
- Lazer Broadcasting acquired four stations from Adelante Media
- Artistic Media sold its three South Bend, IN FM’s to Sound Management
- Blackstrap Broadcasting sells 620 WSNR New York to Davidzon Radio
- Mapleton Communications sells its San Luis Obispo cluster to Dimes Media
- Union Broadcasting acquires 93.9 WLCL Louisville
- Walnut Radio acquires 1490 KOMJ Omaha
- Air Augustine sells 105.5 WALE St. Augustine to Flagler Broadcasting months after purchasing it