Grupo Radio Centro Acquires Univision’s El Paso Cluster

Que Buena 97.5 KBNA El Paso Grupo Radio CentroOne of the first deals to be filed under the FCC’s streamlined international ownership rules has come in El Paso TX as Mexico’s Grupo Radio Centro through 97.5 Licensee TX, LLC acquires Univision’s three radio stations in the market.

For $2 million, Grupo Radio Centro will acquire Regional Mexican “Que Buena 97.5” KBNA-FM, Spanish News/Talk 750 KAMA, and Spanish News/Talk “Univision America 920” KQBU. Grupo Radio Centro began operating the stations via LMA on November 8 and will own 25% of the stations. Rafael Marquez will own the other 75% of the stations to comply with the FCC’s new foreign ownership limits.

In addition to its stations across Mexico, Grupo Radio Centro operates Regional Mexican “Radio Centro 93.9” KXOS Los Angeles.

Share This Post

Lance Venta is the Owner and Publisher of and a consultant for RadioBB Networks specializing in integration of radio and the internet. Lance has two decades of experience tracking the audio industry and its use of digital platforms.

Leave a Reply