Entercom Announces Post-Merger Format Captains
Entercom has appointed twelve programmers to the role of Format Captain upon the closing of its merger with CBS Radio.
- News – Steve Butler PD of KYW Philadelphia
- Sports – Mark Chernoff PD of WFAN New York
- Spanish Language – Jimmy Gonzalez PD of KMVK Dallas
- Top 40 – Brian Kelly VP/Operations of Entercom Milwaukee
- Alternative – Michael Martin PD of KMVQ/KLLC San Francisco
- Country – Mike Moore PD of KWJJ Portland
- Talk – Diane Newman PD of WWL New Orleans
- Adult Contemporary – Nikki Nite PD of KAMX/KKMJ Austin
- Rock/Classic Rock – Dave Richards PD of KISW Seattle
- Urban – Reggie Rouse PD of WVEE Atlanta
- Classic Hits – Jim Ryan PD of WCBS-FM/WNEW New York
- Hot AC – Steve Salhany PD of WBMX Boston
The format captains will report to Programming heads Pat Paxton and Chris Oliviero. In addition to overseeing Alternative Rock, Michael Martin will continue to serve as SVP of Programming and Music Initiatives, a position he held for CBS Radio.
Entercom Communications (NYSE: ETM) today named the executives appointed to the role of Format Captain across all of the Company’s formats.
The following executives have been named Format Captains:
· Steve Butler – News
· Mark Chernoff – Sports
· Jimmy Gonzalez – Spanish Language
· Brian Kelly – Top 40
· Michael Martin – Alternative
· Mike Moore – Country
· Diane Newman – Talk
· Nikki Nite – Adult Contemporary
· Dave Richards – Rock/Classic Rock
· Reggie Rouse – Urban
· Jim Ryan – Classic Hits
· Steve Salhany – Hot Adult Contemporary
Additionally, Michael Martin will continue in his role as SVP of Programming and Music Initiatives in the new organization.
“We are excited about the best-in-class programming team we are building at Entercom,” said Pat Paxton, President of Programming, Entercom. “This talented team of experts has the skills and experience to take our live, original and local audio content to new heights and compete at the highest level in the media industry.”
“We are committed to bringing fresh, new thinking to our programming,” said Chris Oliviero, currently Executive Vice President of Programming at CBS Radio and named Executive Vice President of Programming at Entercom upon completion of the merger. “We are confident that we have the best people in place to deliver the top-rated content across all of our formats that our listeners and partners expect.”
Format Captains will report to Pat Paxton and Chris Oliviero effective upon the completion of the merger with CBS Radio, as early as November 17.
On February 2, 2017, Entercom announced the pending merger with CBS Radio. The merger will make Entercom a leading American media and entertainment company and the No. 1 creator of live, original, local audio content in the country with a nationwide footprint of 235 stations reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week. Entercom boasts a premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events and will be the nation’s unrivaled leader in radio news and sports.