March 2019 (2/28 – 3/27) Nielsen Audio PPM Ratings Day 1
Nielsen begins its monthly release of PPM ratings with today’s Day 1 update including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston/Galveston, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Long Island, Riverside/San Bernardino, San Jose, and Middlesex/Somerset/Union.
Numbers of note for this month:
- In its first month under Entercom control, the newly rebranded “New York’s Country 94.7” WNSH rises 2.4 to 2.6. Hot AC 95.5 WPLJ’s farewell tour shows it steady at a 2.4 share.
- The just sold 95.5 KLOS Los Angeles holds steady at a 2.6 share.
- Entercom CHR “B96” WBBM-FM Chicago rose from 2.2 to 3.0 to pull ahead of iHeartMedia’s “103.5 Kiss-FM” WKSC which held steady at 2.9.
- Entercom Adult Hits “95.7 The Spot” KKHH Houston shows huge gains as it has trended 3.7 – 4.2 – 5.1 over past three months.
- With EMF set to enter the market, Salem Media Christian AC “104.7 The Fish” WFSH Atlanta has established itself as a dominant player despite its rimshot signal as it places in a 5th place tie with a 5.7 share.
- Big drop in Atlanta for Public News/Talk 90.9 WABE as it plummets from a 4.8 share last month to 3.4.