The six station deal will give L&L entry into a second Mississippi market adding to its previously acquired Biloxi stations. The stations involved in the yet to be filed deal are:
- Urban “99 Jamz” 99.7 WJMI Jackson
- Sports “105.9 The Zone” WRKS Pickens
- Urban AC “Kixie 107” 107.5 WKXI Magee
- News/Talk 1180 WJNT Pearl
- “Gospel 1300” WOAD Jackson
- “Oldies 1400” WJQS Jackson
The deal will leave YMF with just its stations in Columbia SC and New York City once this sale and sale of two AM’s in the San Francisco area closes.
L&L Broadcasting was formed by Alpha Broadcasting head Larry Wilson in 2012 to purchase the stations owned by Triad Broadcasting. The company purchased stations in Biloxi MS, Bluefield WV, Fargo ND, Peoria IL, and Savannah GA for $21 Million and then spun the Fargo stations off for $9.5 Million.