March 2019 (2/28 – 3/27) Nielsen Audio PPM Ratings Day 2
Nielsen Audio has released Day 2 of its monthly four day sweep of ratings in PPM markets.
Today’s releases include Washington DC, Boston, Miami, Seattle, Detroit, Phoenix, Minneapolis, San Diego, Tampa/St. Petersburg, Denver, Baltimore, and St. Louis.
Numbers of note for this month:
- Beasley Media Classic Hits 105.7 WROR Boston has been on a tear since shifting from a rock leaning presentation to an 80s pop mix as it has trended 6.2 – 6.8 -7.8 to now take the top spot in the market. Dropping the Rock lean also opened the door for last week’s flip of “Alt 92.9” WBOS to Classic Rock. In its final full monthly with the old format WBOS held a 2.8 share.
- Prior to yesterday’s announced PD and morning show changes, Hubbard Radio Country “98.9 The Bull” KNUC Seattle was starting to gain traction. KNUC rose from a 2.8 to 3.3 this month.
- The launch of iHeartMedia’s Classic Rock 106.7 WLLZ Detroit paid instant dividends as it rose from a 1.5 share to 3.4 in its first monthly. Beasley’s pair of Classic Rock 94.7 WCSX (dropping from 7.8 to 6.5) and Rock 101.1 WRIF (dropping 5.9 to 4.9) felt the immediate impact.
- In what may be its final month, Broadcast Company of America’s Sports “Mighty 1090” XEPRS San Diego goes out with a 1.6 share making the most listened to Sports station in the market.
- Big jump for iHeartMedia CHR “95.7 The Party” KPTT Denver with a three month trend of 2.6 – 3.2 – 4.2.