May 2019 (4/25 – 5/22) Nielsen Audio PPM Ratings Day 4: Big Country Gains In Florida
The fourth and final day of Nielsen Audio’s PPM releases for May 2019 bring Austin, Raleigh/Durham, Indianapolis, Milwaukee, Nashville, Providence, Norfolk, Jacksonville, West Palm Beach, Greensboro, Memphis, and Hartford.
All the numbers can be found at RadioInsight.com/Ratings.
Numbers of note include:
- iHeartMedia Country 99.1 WQIK Jacksonville jumps almost 2 shares from a 4.5 to 6.4 pulling it well ahead of Renda’s 99.9 WGNE which drops from a 4.4 to 3.8.
- Removing the syndicated Brooke & Jubal show from its ill-fit at Country 103.1 WIRK West Palm Beach helps the station trend 2.7 – 3.1 – 3.9 over the past three monthlies.
- Bucks basketball and Brewers baseball continued to pay off for Good Karma News/Talk 620 WTMJ Milwaukee as it follows last month’s 5.5 to 8.8 share jump to rise to a 9.4 and take the market lead. iHeartMedia Classic Hits 95.7 WRIT falls to second with a 10.1 to 8.6 drop.
- Big gains for Sarkes Tarzian AAA 92.3 WTTS Indianapolis as it rises from a 3.1 to 4.1. In its final monthly before flipping to Rock, CHR “Energy 93.9” WYRG reports a 1.3 share.
- The move of AAA “Austin City Limits Radio” KGSR Austin to a translator helps “Sun Radio” rise from a 1.1 to 1.4. The former format on KGSR holds steady at a 0.8, while University of Texas AAA 98.9 KUTX drops 2.5 to 2.2. The new format on KGSR, Soft AC “Star 93.3” drops 2.0 to 1.9 in its second full monthly.
- Launching a translator and rebranding as “Trump 103.3” with lots of publicity halfway through the survey did not help Full Power Radio News/Talk 1360 WDRC Hartford as the station dropped from a 0.9 to 0.8.