Univision continues to roll out simplified branding at many of its stations nationwide.
Following a graphical adjustment at all of their stations last fall to coincide with the launch of the Uforia music app, seven of Univision’s Spanish CHR’s and Hot AC’s are dropping their name in favor of just the frequency.
The stations that have dropped their branding are:
- Chicago: “Maxima 93.5/103.1” WVIX Joliet/WVIV Highland Park
- Dallas: “Maxima 99.1” KDXX Denton/107.1 KESS-FM Benbrook
- Fresno: “KLLE 107.9” KLLE North Fork
- Houston “Tu Musica 104.9” KAMA-FM Deer Park
- Las Vegas: “La Kalle 99.3” KRGT Indian Springs
- Phoenix: “La Kalle 100.3” KQMR Globe/105.3 KHOV Wickenburg
- San Antonio: “La Kalle 95.1” KGSX Comfort
All of the stations with the exception of Fresno are in PPM markets where brand retention is not required to log a station in ratings calculations.
The moves come after Univision flipped its other “La Kalle” branded station, 101.3 KKRG Albuquerque to Classic Hip-Hop “Yo 101.3” last week.